Tower block

Tower block
This bad boy is getting knocked down later this year. Seems a shame but I'm not really surprised.

Friday 8 June 2012

Day three

Eating dinner in the dark last night... wasn't ideal.


Just getting into the fun part of this experiment. I've been away for the bank holiday weekend so last night was the 3rd night off-grid in my flat. The first few nights I had the benefit of 500 Wh of battery energy from Moixa. Now I've used most of that energy up (I've still got a few bars of energy on my laptop) I'm relying on my wind up lantern. After rushing home from kickboxing I managed to use a bit of natural light to make dinner. By the time it was ready it was pretty dark and I wasn't really sure what I had made. 


What is that? Tasted good though.

For Some reason all this reminds me of 28 weeks later... awesome film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwgSyFxVTs


After eating dinner I thought I'd brave another cold shower, partly because the pan I use for heating water is the same as the one I use for cooking and partly because I wanted to see if I was tough enough (I concluded that I'm totally nails). 

Tip #1 If you have no heating or lighting, find the clothes you want to change into before you have a shower, makes it allot easier, trust me. 

After all this I fealt pretty good about my self and settled down to read a book, "Antarctica", by Kim Stanley Robinson. 





No comments:

Post a Comment