Tower block

Tower block
This bad boy is getting knocked down later this year. Seems a shame but I'm not really surprised.

Friday 8 June 2012

Email from Duncan

I found the image of our tower block and contacted the photographer (a chap called Duncan) to see if I could use it on the blogg, here is what he said:

Hi Jon

No problem thanks for asking and it looks good on your blog. Good luck going off grid. I don't think it is as rare as you think. I worked for Hackney Council and now work for Southwark. I think a fair number of people especially those with the rip off key meters often have to go without gas and elec for days at a time. 

I have more photos of Harwood Court about somewhere. I was an asbestos surveyor at Hackney and enjoyed doing Harwood Court. The lift motor room and water tank room on the roof is clad in lovely asbestos cement shingles. I'll find a snap and upload it. Just remembered doing the block across the road before it was demolished, cant remember the name but some of the flats had not changed inside since the 1960s.

Cheers

Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment